STS Universal Self Cancelling Turn Signals
Two million crashes happen every year in the USA due to the misuse of turn signals. Although motorcycle riders represent a small group of this statistic, 40 % of all riders endanger themselves and others by forgetting to cancel their signals.
In an automobile, every time a driver rotates the steering wheel back into its original position, the turn signal is canceled. Now this kind of solution is also available for motorcycles. Smart Turn System (STS) is a self-cancelling turn signal solution for all motorcycles.
STS is an add-on device for bikes that uses motion sensor technology, to determine the precise time to cancel turn signal. This precise time is right after the rider has completed the maneuver - completed right or left turn, changed lanes or even exited a roundabout. In addition to using sensor technology, the device uses a complex algorithm, which processes 300 data in one second. The four most important data that algorithm collects and processes are:
- Vibration - engine rotation frequency (rpm), road surface, rider’s movement, acceleration, and deceleration all influence the cumulative vehicle vibration.
- Acceleration - change of velocity in time provides a great deal of information needed to detect the rider’s intentions and consequently information about the occurring maneuver.
- Inclinations - center of mass of the rider and the motorcycle must lean in the direction of the turn and brief counter steer causes that lean by removing support directly under the center of gravity.
- Heading - once motorcycle is leaned and steering wheel is turned motorcycle starts changing the direction and position in space.
The development of STS device took almost two years, installed on more than 200 motorcycles, and took over 100 hours of practical tests in various traffic situations. "It was all worth it in the end," says Company Founder, Miha Kovac. The device can also detect if the rider is standing at a junction, ensuring the signals don't cancel early. It can detect if the rider is only weaving, and not cancel until he/she actually makes the correct maneuver.
Most similar devices on the market use timers or traveled distance for cancelling turn signals. The most advance systems are made by Harley Davidson and Honda. However, some of these devices have problems at lower speeds, changing of lanes and roundabouts. STS does not have those problems, since it works with different parameters. It does what it should do, exactly when it should do.
The STS device is compatible with all brands of bikes, except newer BMWs and Ducati models, which have LIN communication on the handlebar switch. The device is also patented and certified, so it will not damage the bike. The system can be removed easily and re-installed onto another bike. STS is innovation that can save your life. It works flawlessly and riders will never miss-indicate again. Installation is easy and anyone with little knowledge of their motorcycle can install it at home. MSRP: 149.00 EU Safer-Turn.com
What customers are saying:
- James G.Y., satisfied customer: “Fitted your system to my Triumph Sprint GT. It is working perfectly! Every bike should have one of these. Every rider should want one. Thank you so much for such a great product.”
- Tony M., FB post: "Bought one of these for my Triumph Sprint ST 955i, works a treat. I'm a devil for leaving my turn signal on, this little gizmo will greatly add to the safety of my rides. The STS team answered my questions promptly and professionally making the whole experience a pleasure - many thanks guys."
MOVALYSE is a Slovenian start-up company founded in 2014 by Miha Kovač and Rok Upelj and its goal is to bring motorcycle automation to the next level. Team of experts in the field of mechanics and electronics is determined to improve motorcycle safety one device at the time. The company has currently over 2000 Smart Turn System users and the numbers keep growing every day.